Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Finding Peace in the game of Life

Eph. 5:16-17

I know that often we feel the struggle that is going on between the Holy Spirit and the evil powers at work in the world around us. These verses are a wonderful reminder that we are not in the battle alone, and that the battle is not one that God wants us to handle in our own strength.

Too often I become overwhelmed by the sinfulness in the world around me, and sometimes I even find myself giving in to the ways of the world because the battle becomes too much for me to handle. But we are not here to fight that battle, and we must always remember that God gave us the gift of the Holy Spirit as our "safety net" and place of refuge.

I think of it like this...When I was young and playing a game of tag, there was always a place called "base" where I could run and not be tagged by another player. God is our "base" and he has given us the Holy Spirit to take on the devil and his demons for us, so that we will not become overwhelmed and fail in our pursuit of holiness. All that we have to do is daily submit ourselves to God's will and we will find life is a lot easier to face.

My prayer is that each of us will find a way to daily submit ourselves to God, so that we can truly feel the power of the Holy Spirit working in our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home